It actually looks like it will taper off by 8pm, but here are some wet weather running tips so you will be comfortable in case it’s still pouring:
- Wear a peaked hat to keep the raindrops from hitting you directly in the face.
- Your feet will be wet. Wear technical socks (not cotton) to avoid hot spots or blisters. Consider putting some Body Glide or Chamois Butt’r to decrease friction due to moisture.
- A jacket will help but will likely become saturated in a heavy rain. Make sure it’s breathable otherwise you will be soaked from sweating inside of it. Note the temperature so you wear the correct base layer.
- Consider putting Body Glide on other areas that may chafe – under breasts, under bra straps, at waist under fuel belt.
- Post run, remove the insoles from your shoes and stuff shoes loosely with newspaper to dry them out. Do not put your shoes in the dryer!